The Staff Accountant is to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports on profit and loss, tax liability, payroll and other financial activities for business clients. Prepare tax returns and provide financial and tax consultations to both business and individual clients. Assisting the CPA in preparation of miscellaneous confidential correspondence.
- Prepare tax returns for business clients and some individual clients who have more complex tax filing requirements by using ProSeries professional tax software:
Be responsible for the institutional clients’ payroll tax return filing with the revenue and labor departments, including the compliance with Federal, states, and local governmental regulations:
- Prepare annual tax returns for C or S corporations, partnerships, and non-profit organizations, including consolidated corporation taxes, multi-state business taxes, and partnership taxes with special allocations.
- Prepare more complex individual tax returns including clients who need to file for Schedule C or Schedule F businesses, and non-resident returns, and U.S persons who meet the foreign financial assets disclosing requirements.
- Review financial records such as prior year tax returns, income statements and documentation of expenditures in order to determine the best solutions for tax return preparations for businesses and individuals.
- Assign expenses to appropriate accounts, create new accounts, make the necessary revisions in the account structure, and reconcile accounts using professional software. Generate the financial reports for CPA to review and make suggestions on tax planning to minimize the tax liabilities.
Be responsible for the institutional clients' sales tax preparation and the compliance with the requirements from the state revenue departments:
- Generate the payroll reports by using AME payroll software, prepare and file monthly and quarterly payroll tax returns with various revenue and labor departments. Review and ensure accuracy of approved time-sheets. Make adjustments on the payroll tax liabilities when necessary for foreign employees.
- Responsible for processing and paying all applicable payroll taxes (bi-weekly, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, etc.)
- Assist clients in compliance with Federal and state labor laws by making accurate worker classifications, meeting the payroll-reporting requirements and updating clients with the change of the new regulations.
Assist clients in gathering financial data and responding to IRS/state/local Notices or audits:
- Collect and review the financial data from clients, make inquiries to clients for any clarification via phone call or in person, and calculate the sales tax liabilities.
- Report/pay monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax reports. Research and resolve any sales tax discrepancies with taxing jurisdictions, and/or customers.
- Maintain current business and sales tax licenses. Perform sales tax audits.
- Prepare and file the sales tax returns with various state revenue departments for business clients.
Work directly with various institutional clients across multiple industries from start-up businesses to family-run businesses in responding to their specific financial and tax needs:
- Communicate with clients to collect and review substantiated financial data.
- Organize and analyze the data by using Excel spreadsheet or Microsoft ware tools.
- Report the data analysis and findings to CPA for decision making in responding to government Notices or representing clients in front of the government authorities.
Maintain working knowledge of current federal, state, and local regulations relevant to various tax matters by attending regular in-house or online training sessions.
- Meet & advise clients to discuss their various accounting and financial matters, such as real property, equipment, and tax liability.
- Advise clients with their loan applications by providing them with accurate financial analysis and documentations.
- Advise clients with business registrations & dissolutions with states and business licenses application.
- Perform independent research through various resources to assist CPA in making recommendations to clients on tax treatments of complex business transactions and tax planning strategies to minimize tax liabilities.
(No special requirements; normal job requirements)
- A minimum of a B.S Degree in Accounting with 2 years prior accounting experience and alternative Master’s Degree with 3 months accounting related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel skills (Pivot Tables, V-lookups, etc.).
- Competent in generating Financial Statements and working knowledge of accounting concepts.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solving/judgement skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Any suitable combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
- Preparing monthly/quarterly sales and use tax return with various states
- Preparing quarterly payroll tax returns with Federal/states/locals and make on time payroll tax deposits according to the regulations
- Preparing Federal, State, Local Corporate, Partnership business tax returns, non-resident tax returns, and more complex Individual tax returns
- Assist with the provision of information for audits
- Review financial data and compile financial statements for clients
- Assist with performing tax research and proposing appropriate tax positions
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with 1 to 2 years of professional experience. No experience required for candidates holding a Master's Degree in Accounting
- Proficient in tax and payroll software, Microsoft Office and Pivot Tables in Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Works well in a fast-paced and deadline oriented environment
- Can read and speak Chinese language is a big plus
Interest candidates please send resumes with a cover letter indicating related accounting & tax experience, desired compensation, and availability for review
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour